TUC Board of Trustees 2017-2018
TUC Board of Trustees 2016-2017
Rev Lillie Henley, ex-offico
TUC Board of Trustees (term ending)
Allen Matthews, Past Chair
Mena Boulanger, Vice Chair
The Board Covenant of Third Unitarian Church of Chicago
In the spirit of service to our congregation, with this document the undersigned members of the lay leadership of Third Unitarian Church covenant together to assume individual responsibility and mutual accountability for leadership of the congregation and the welfare of the community.
As members of the TUC Board, we accept responsibility to work toward the following goals:
- To hold each other responsible for speaking in solidarity on board decisions, coming to board meetings prepared (by reading and/or drafting documents),
respectfully hearing and responding to minority positions and by offering where possible two weeks notice to the Chair regardingplanned or unplanned absences from meetings.
- To foster interpersonal relations by espousing respectful behavior in accordance with the Third Unitarian Church Behavioral Covenant
and by promoting to the congregation the tenets of that agreement.
More specifically the Board will work to ensure the following:
- Continued transition to Policy Governance, with a commitment to articulate in policies those decisions and processes which:
- – help invoke institutional memory
- – specify member rights and responsibilities
- – clarify behavioral expectations of the community
- -emphasizes linkages to constituencies in the congregation;
- Fiscal integrity including:
- – accurate and transparent record-keeping
- – managing our fiduciary responsibilities in accordance with civil laws, non-profit organization accounting standards and TUC By-laws
- – monthly review of budget reports and quarterly balance sheet reports of all funds managed by TUC;
- Maintaining the integrity of our facilities by incorporating maintenance needs into our long-range and budgetary planning;
- Growth of the congregation, in numbers and in spirit, by supporting programs, behavior and facilities that retain current members and appeal to newcomers.
- Improved committee efficiency and church programs by supporting activities of the Committee on Programs and Ministries and recommending their services.